- Most mileage participants, please mail me your JUNE km’s.
- It is dark out there – please wear reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
- Werun / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, especially during the winter months where we often have to run in the dark – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
- Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
- We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
6 Some other dates:
- Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
- Mon 1 Aug :Sani entries open; 09h00 – if you plan to run the 21 km, enter at 09h00 sharp!
- Wed 3 Aug : no TT, no braai – voting day
- Fri 5 – Tues 9 Aug : Mtunzini camping weekend, run Mtunzini 10 / 16 km on Sun 7 Aug
- Wed 10 Aug: Ladies TT, braai – we spoil our ladies
- Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
- There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
- Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
- We will shortly issue the Saturday morning training schedule for those who want to target the South Coast Marathon in October, as a first marathon, or early qualifier…..
- Saturday 16 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 23 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 30 July: club run – 06h00 – 20 km
- Saturday 6 August : club run – 06h00 – 20 km
- Saturday 13 August : club run – 06h00 – 20 km
- 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
- Sun 17 July : Totalsports ladies 5 & 10 km; Berea Rovers, pre-entry only : http://www.totalsportswomensrace.com/ – ladies in club kit start in front
- Sun 24 July : Run / walk for 67 minutes; 07h00; Kingspark
- Sun 7 Aug : Mtunzini Bush Challenge; 07h00; 10 & 16 km; camping weekend. Names and queries to Emile. Enter atwww.mtunziniac.co.za
- Sun 7 Aug : Women in Action 5 & 10 km; 08h00; Chatsworth
- Sun 7 Aug: Pmb Ladies Spar 5 & 10 km
- Sun 14 Aug : Savages Supa Mama 10 & 21 km; 06h30 – looks like we won’t be working at a table this year, so we can all enter and take part!
- Sat 20 Aug : Capital Climb 15 km; Pmb; 08h00
- Sun 21 Aug : Dbn Runner 10 & 21 km; Univ of KZN; pre-entry only; 06h30; next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 28 Aug : Mandela day 10; 21; 42 km – pre-entry only – view race flyer
- Sun 28 Aug : Formula 1 10 & 21 km; 06h30; Kingspark – moved from Sun 4 Sept.
- Mail received:
I am contacting you in connection with an event called Muddy Princess. Muddy Princess is a brand new Fun Obstacle Mud Run for women – and women only! Having fun and team spirit is in the foreground of this unique event. After great success for our first two events in Cape Town and Johannesburg, we will be bringing Muddy Princess to Giba Gorge in Pinetown Durban on the 14 of August.
Because we would love for as many as ladies to participate and experience this amazing event we would like to offer younger females the chance to participate as well without spending a cent.
We are currently looking for girls over the age of 16 who are keen, reliable and trustworthy to volunteer at our event.
All volunteers will receive the following:
1 – An exclusive volunteer t-shirt
2 – A FREE RUN into that day’s event
3 – Be a part of an exciting mud fun run alongside fun, energetic and inspiring people.
(If there are guys interested, they can volunteer, but because it is a women’s run they will need to give their free tickets to their mothers, sisters… etc.)
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers will help with various tasks, such as checking in participants, handing out water on the course, cheering on participants, and much more!
Can I volunteer and run for FREE on the same day?
Yes, you can! Volunteers who help out in the morning shift can run the course for free after completing their shift and those who help out in the afternoon shift can run the course for free before their shift.
The venue: Giba Gorge MTB Park
Date: Sunday 14th August 2016
Shifts to choose from:
06:00am- 12:30pm or 11:00am- 17:30pm
Volunteers will need attend one of the following briefing sessions:
12th of August at 3pm or 13th of August at 11am
We hope you will find interest in being a part of this amazing event and we hope to hear from you soon.
Take a look at our previous events: