- It is dark out there – please wear reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
- Werun / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, especially during the winter months where we often have to run in the dark – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
- Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
- We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
- Some other dates:
- Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
- Mon 1 Aug :Sani entries open; 09h00 – if you plan to run the 21 km, enter at 09h00 sharp!
- Wed 3 Aug : no TT, no braai – voting day
- Fri 5 – Tues 9 Aug : Mtunzini camping weekend, run Mtunzini 10 / 16 km on Sun 7 Aug – we are now calling for names!
- Wed 10 Aug: Ladies TT, braai – we spoil our ladies
- Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
- There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
- Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
- We will shortly issue the Saturday morning training schedule for those who want to target the South Coast Marathon in October, as a first marathon, or early qualifier…..
- Saturday 23 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 30 July: club run – 06h00 – 20 km
- Saturday 6 August : club run – 06h00 – 20 km
- Saturday 13 August : club run – 06h00 – 20 km
- 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
- Sun 24 July : Run / walk for 67 minutes; 07h00; Kingspark
- Fri 29 July : CPF Durban North 5 & 10 km run / walk; Crusaders club; 18h30; enter at www.roag.co.za or on the day
- Sun 7 Aug : Mtunzini Bush Challenge; 07h00; 10 & 16 km; camping weekend. Names and queries to Emile. Enter at ww.mtunziniac.co.za
- Sun 7 Aug : Women in Action 5 & 10 km; 08h00; Chatsworth
- Sun 7 Aug: Pmb Ladies Spar 5 & 10 km
- Sun 14 Aug : Savages Supa Mama 10 & 21 km; 06h30 – looks like we won’t be working at a table this year, so we can all enter and take part!
- Sat 20 Aug : Capital Climb 15 km; Pmb; 08h00
- Sun 21 Aug : Dbn Runner 10 & 21 km; Univ of KZN, Glenwood; pre-entry only; 06h30; next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 28 Aug : Mandela day 10; 21; 42 km – pre-entry only
- Sun 28 Aug : Formula 1 10 & 21 km; 06h30; Kingspark – moved from Sun 4 Sept.
I run a gym from 20 Gainsborough drive called Health & Fitness Solutions and am looking to give any of your members a once a week yoga session taken by Hellen Van Velden free for the next 6 weeks. All they need to do is get in touch with me on 0832360641 to book their spot in the class and to show proof that they are a member of the club. Our FB page is called Health & Fitness Solutions. You can go take a look if you are interested.
Health & Fitness Solutions