- It is dark out there – please wear reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
- Werun / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, especially during the winter months where we often have to run in the dark – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
- Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
- We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
5 Some other dates:
- Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
- Thur 23 June : Walkers have a “Christmas in winter walk” – see far below for details……
- Wed 6 July : monthly braai
- Mon 1 Aug :Sani entries open; 09h00
- Wed 3 Aug : no TT, no braai – voting day
- Fri 5 – Tues 9 Aug : Mtunzini camping weekend, run Mtunzini 10 / 16 on Sun 7 Aug
- Wed 10 Aug: Ladies TT, braai – we spoil our ladies
- Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
- There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
- Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
- Saturday 25 June : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 2 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 9 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 16 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
- Sun 26 June : Archie Gumede 10 & 21 km – kwandengezi school
- Sun 2 July : Embo college 10 km; Embo
- Sun 10 July : Forest Hills 10 km; 07h00 – next leg of our 10 x 10 km challenge – pre-enter info (but can enter on race day as well):
- Sat 9 July : Crazy Hats 5 km Fun walk (for charity); 09h00
- Sun 17 July : Totalsports ladies 5 & 10 km; Berea Rovers, pre-entry only : http://www.totalsportswomensrace.com/ – ladies in club kit start in front
- Sun 24 July : Run / walk for 67 minutes; 07h00; Kingspark
- Sun 7 Aug : Mtunzini Bush Challenge; 07h00; 10 & 16 km; camping weekend. Names and queries to Emile. Enter atwww.mtunziniac.co.za
- Sun 7 Aug : Women in Action 5 & 10 km; 08h00; Chatsworth
- Sun 7 Aug: Pmb Ladies Spar 5 & 10 km
- Sun 14 Aug : Savages Supa Mama 10 & 21 km; 06h30 – looks like we won’t be working at a table this year, so we can all enter and take part!
- Sat 20 Aug : Capital Climb 15 km; Pmb; 08h00
- Sun 21 Aug : Dbn Runner 10 & 21 km; Univ of KZN; pre-entry only; 06h30; next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 28 Aug : Mandela day 10; 21; 42 km – pre-entry only
- Sun 28 Aug : Formula 1 10 & 21 km; 06h30; Kingspark – moved from Sun 4 Sept.
- More mail received:
PLEASE RSVP ONLY IF YOU INTEND JOINING US.
The Walking section is doing a Xmas in Winter Walk and are inviting you to join them
Date: Thursday 23 June – 5:30 pm
Route around / near the club – 5km WALK !!!!
Dress Code: Xmas decorations, or xmas clothes, or xmas head gear – must be worn.
A Xmas FUN gift to the value of R20 must be bought to exchange with others on the walk.
I will only be sending final details out to those who reply with a “yes we are joining you”.
If you are joining and don’t let me know, sorry but you may miss out on the gift, food, drinks or route………
No problem if you don’t want to join in or if you cant make it…………….next time.!!