There will be NO CLUB RUN Thursday 16 June – Public Holiday.
- Update from Main Club about functions:
The Main Club has asked us to communicate this to everybody:
- Our running clubhouse :
a, This is available for private functions, for club members only, at no cost – provided there are sufficient people attending, to justify the cost of barmen;
- Club discount (10%) cannot be given, as the tills are not linked to the system;
- Bookings to be made through Bridgette at the Main Club.
- Pavillion Pub:
- This is more difficult, with the many changes to the rugby and hockey fixtures, often at short notice;
- As this is a facility for ALL club members, it is not possible to book it exclusively for private functions, unless there is definitely no other sports event or function;
- For this facility, the club will charge 50% of the normal rate, to club members;
- The 10% discount will not apply for private functions, even for club members
- The 10% club discount will apply club members, during club functions.
- Most mileage participant, please send me your May km’s.
- It is dark out there – please wear reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
- Werun / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, especially during the winter months where we often have to run in the dark – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
- Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
- We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
7 Some other dates:
- Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
- Wed 15 – Sun 19 June : No Reason No Running Camping, St Lucia – camp 1, 2, 3 or 4 nights, R100 pppn – names and queries to Emile – we still have place available!!!
- Thur 23 June : Walkers have a “Christmas in winter walk” – see far below for details……
- Wed 6 July : monthly braai
- Mon 1 Aug :Sani entries open; 09h00
- Wed 3 Aug : no TT, no braai – voting day
- Fri 5 – Tues 9 Aug : Mtunzini camping weekemd, run Mtunzini 10 / 16 on Sun 7 Aug
- Wed 10 Aug: Ladies TT, braai
- Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
- There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
- Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
- Saturday 18 June : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 25 June : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 2 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 9 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- Saturday 16 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
- 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
- Thurs 16 June : Ntenga Foundation Charity 5 & 10 km; Ushaka
- Sat 18 June : Impendle 5 & 10 km
- Sun 26 June : Archie Gumede 10 & 21 km – kwandengezi school
- Sun 2 July : Embo college 10 km; Embo
- Sun 10 July : Forest Hills 10 km; 07h00 – next leg of our 10 x 10 km challenge – pre-enter info (but can enter on race day as well):
- Sat 9 July : Crazy Hats 5 km Fun walk (for charity); 09h00 – see attached flyer
- Sun 17 July : Totalsports ladies 5 & 10 km; Berea Rovers, pre-entry only : http://www.totalsportswomensrace.com/ – ladies in club kit start in front
- Sun 24 July : Run / walk for 67 minutes; 07h00; Kingspark – see attached flyer
- Sun 7 Aug : Mtunzini Bush Challenge; 07h00; 10 & 16 km; camping weekend. Names and queries to Emile. Enter at www.mtunziniac.co.za
- Sun 7 Aug : Women in Action 5 & 10 km; 08h00; Chatsworth
- Sun 7 Aug: Pmb Ladies Spar 5 & 10 km
- Sun 14 Aug : Savages Supa Mama 10 & 21 km; 06h30 – looks like we won’t be working at a table this year, so we can all enter and take part!
- Sat 20 Aug : Capital Climb 15 km; Pmb; 08h00
- Sun 21 Aug : Dbn Runner 10 & 21 km; Univ of KZN; pre-entry only; 06h30; next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 28 Aug : Mandela day 10; 21; 42 km – pre-entry only
- Sun 28 Aug : Formula 1 10 & 21 km; 06h30; Kingspark – moved from Sun 4 Sept.
- Mail received:
Dear Fellow Athletes
The 2nd edition of the BUMMER Beach Run & Walk will take place on Sunday 19 June 2016. The event is jointly organised by Durban Athletic Club and Riverside Trail. Full information and entries are available on www.bummerbeachrun.co.za In addition, entries are being taken at Durban Athletic Club on Thursday evenings between 17h15 and 19h30 until race day. Early bird entries are available until 22 May 2016.
Please support PinkDrive, the official event charity, who will also operating the important Comrades seconding table just before Tollgate Bridge. They support runners, and we will support them. See www.pinkdrive.co.za
We would appreciate you passing this on to your members and families interested in participating.
More details about the route:
1) we will start the 23km near Gianni’s Ristorante at 06h00; the 15km event from Beach Bums at 07h30; and the 6km event on the beach near Caffé Java in Umdloti at08h30 on Sunday 19 June 2016. This will involve participants coming to register there from about 05h00, 06h30 and 07h30 at the various venues on the morning.
2) some participants will be dropped off by shuttle others may wish to park at the venues.
3) the Ballito start is at 06h00 so participants should be able to enjoy a stunning Indian Ocean sunrise at 06h51 on that day;
4) there will be a refreshment table on the beach near Beach Bums (for the Ballito) starters, and on the beach near Caffé Java for the 23km and 15km starters.
5) all finishers will receive an event branded peak cap, led keyring, and a free cappuccino voucher from Caffé Java. There are also lucky prizes. The first male and female in each distance will receive a hamper.
6) the event has been timed so that all participants run into low tide which is at 09h10 on the day.
for DURBAN ATHLETIC CLUB & RIVERSIDE TRAIL
- More mail received:
Hi, All Clubs
Please be advised that the Formula 1, 21km Challenge, scheduled for the 4 September 2016, has been changed to the 28 August 2016.
Please find attached Flyer and kindly forward to all club members.
New contact Details
Cliff – 0843742588
Please feel free to contact me should you have any queries.
- And even more stuff!:
PLEASE RSVP ONLY IF YOU INTEND JOINING US.
The Walking section is doing a Xmas in Winter Walk and are inviting you to join them
Date: Thursday 23 June – 5:30 pm
Route around / near the club – 5km WALK !!!!
Dress Code: Xmas decorations, or xmas clothes, or xmas head gear – must be worn.
A Xmas FUN gift to the value of R20 must be bought to exchange with others on the walk.
I will only be sending final details out to those who reply with a “yes we are joining you”.
If you are joining and don’t let me know, sorry but you may miss out on the gift, food, drinks or route………
No problem if you don’t want to join in or if you cant make it…………….next time.!!
Download pdf: MANDELA 67 CHALLENGE 2016