Whow, what a day! Well done to all the Comrades finishers, and hard lines to those who did not make it to the end.
Most mileage participant, please send me your May km’s.
1. It is getting dark out there – please start wearing reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
2. We run / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, especially during the winter months where we often have to run in the dark – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
3. Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
4. We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
5 Some other dates:
Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
Wed 1 June : Aches & Pains function, and monthly braai – all runners please try and be there – 18h30
Wed 15 – Sun 19 June : No Reason No Running Camping, St Lucia – camp 1, 2, 3 or 4 nights, R100 pppn – names and queries to Emile (we are now seriously calling for names)
Thur 23 June : Walkers have a “Christmas in winter walk”
6. Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
1. There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
2. Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
Saturday 4 June :club run – 06h00 – 15 km – post Comrades blues……we role over for a few weeks….
Saturday 11 June : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
Saturday 18 June : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
Saturday 25 June : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
Saturday 9 July : club run – 06h00 – 15 km
7. 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
Sun 5 June : Ladies Spar 5 & 10 km : pre-entry only – ladies in club colours start in front with the elite runners – enter at :
Thurs 16 June : Ntenga Foundation Charity 5 & 10 km; Ushaka
Sat 18 June : Impendle 5 & 10 km
Sun 26 June : Archie Gumede 10 & 21 km – kwandengezi school
Sun 2 July : Embo college 10 km; Embo
Sun 10 July : Forest Hills 10 km; 07h00 – next leg of our 10 x 10 km challenge – pre-enter info (but can enter on race day as well):