- Two Oceans 2017 Half Marathon:
- Ballot system, update your details and apply, from 1 Nov;
- Blue and Yellow Numbers can enter and pay from 31 Oct – 10 Nov (only 1000 available)
- All other runners to update details and apply, 1 Nov – 10 Nov.
- Draw is on 11 Nov for paid up club members (6000 available)
- Draw for non-club members (and remaining club members) is 18 Nov
- the 56 km entries are still open (and so Comrades as well)
- It is dark out there – please wear reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
- We run / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
- Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
- We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
- Some other dates:
- Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
- Wed 5 Oct : Monthly braai
- Sat 8 Oct : Beach breakfast run:
- 06h00 start
- 12 km
- Venue to be confirmed
- Those who want to run longer, can arrange to start earlier
- Social “uniform” – red shorts and white shirts
- Sat 29 Oct : Club 10 km run – last leg of 10 x 10 km Challenge:
- Halloween theme
- Social run, not recording of times
- More details to follow
- Wed 2 Nov : Monthly braai
- Sat 19 Nov : Year end function and prize-giving – details to follow….
- Wed 6 Dec : Final braai for 2016
- Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
- There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
- Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
- South Coast Marathon in October, training program issued– note:
- There will always be shorter options as well;
- No need to do all the long runs, but the option is there, to select the ones you want to do;
- Keep races in mind, and do back to back runs.
- Saturday 17 Sept : club run – 05h30 – 25 km
- Saturday 24 Sept : club run – 05h30 – 30 km
- Saturday 1 Oct : club run – 05h30 – 35 km
- Saturday 8 Oct : club run – 05h30 – 20 km – beach breakfast run – marathon runners, we will arrange for you to start a bit earlier to get the distance
- Saturday 15 Oct : club run – 05h30 – 15 km
- Saturday 22 Oct : club run – 05h30 – 15 km
- 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
- Sun 25 Sept : Ethekwini Township to township 21 & 42 km; 05h30
- Sun 25 Sept : Rhino Run, Sugar Rush, Ballito; 5 km & 12 km; 08h00 – http://therhinorun.com/wp/ ; http://freespiritadventures.org/event-registration/?ee=62
- Sat 1 Oct: Ladysmith 21 km night race; 17h00
- Sun 2 Oct : Duke of York 16 km; Bishopstowe; 06h30
- Sun 2 Oct : Uthungulu 10 & 42 km; Richards bay; 06h00
- Sun 2 Oct :Newlands 10, 21 & 42 km ; 05h00 – next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge – Kingspark –view race flyer – enter at “Eventtiming”
- Sun 9 Oct : Swift 10, 21 & 42 km; Campsdrift, Pmb, 06h00
- Sun 16 Oct : Muden 10 & 25 km, Greytown, 06h30
- Sun 16 Oct : Goss & Baife South Coast 21 & 42 km; train leaves Amanzimtoti at 05h00, for 06h00 start
- Sun 23 Oct :Mtubatuba 10 km, 07h00
- Sun 30 Oct : KZN 10 KM Challenge; Kingspark, 07h00
- Sun 6 Nov :Orion 10 & 21 km, Pmb, 05h00
- Sun 6 Nov :Checkout Challenge 10 & 21 km, Kingspark, 06h30
- Sun 13 Nov : Bluff Vets 15 km walk, 21 & 42 km run, 05h30 & 06h00
- Sun 13 Nov :Edendale 10 km, 07h00
- Sun 20 Nov : Queensbourgh Minehaft 15 km, 06h00
- Sat 26 Nov : Sani Stagger 21 & 42 km
- Sat 27 Nov :Hope Challenge 10 & 21 km, Curries Fountain, 06h00
- Sun 4 Dev : BMG Stainbank 15 km, Yellowwood park, 06h00
- Sun 11 Dec : Illovo Sugar 15 km Christmas Challenge, Westville, 06h00 – we wear Christmas hats and run in a group, social event
- Thur 15 Dec :Mandela Challenge 5 & 10 km, Blue lagoon, 18h15
- Sun 18 Dec : Big Hill 10 & 21 km, Ballito, 06h00
- Mail received:
Good afternoon Running community
Hope you are all good and fit.
Please come and support us as we are giving back nature, we are hosting a Green Trail Run at Green Hub (Blue Lagoon) on the 25 September 2016. This is an exciting run, where people will be running on a nature trail along the Umgeni River Estuary. This event is called the Green Run because it promotes taking care for our environment. For each participant, a tree will be planted and we will give out trees of indigenous species to encourage people getting involved in plant care. Our trail teams maintain the trails along the Umgeni River, keep them clean, and install litter booms to protect the river estuary. The Green Run aims to raise awareness for the challenged and partly threatened environment along this river.
IF YOU WON’T MAKE IT, SHARE IT!!!! PLAY YOUR ROLE IN NATURE CONSERVATION.
Sifiso Mngoma 073 189 6780031 825 3495Events Coordinator.