- Most Mileage participants, please send us your August km’s.
- It is dark out there – please wear reflective shirts, belts, lights, caps etc- be visible!
- We run / walk every Tues / Wed / Thur at 17h30 – without fail ! Always safety in numbers, – we often regroup, and cater for those who want to run a bit shorter, so don’t be scared to join us.
- Please give us feedback about races you have done – when, where time, interesting stories etc – we gladly hear from you.
- We invite members to send in nominations for Member of the Month, so keep your eyes and ears open and send your nominations, before month end!
- Some other dates:
- Every Friday : 05h15, Bike & Bean (beachfront) – Red Socks 5 and 8 km run / walk, followed by coffee, everybody welcome!
- Wed 7 Sept: Spring Handicap TT
- Red shorts and white shirts
- Everybody runs / walks 5 km
- Scattered start, as per 2016 best 5 km times, first people (walkers) start just after 17h00
- Short prize-giving, then feel welcome to stay for monthly braai
- Wed 5 Oct : Monthly braai
- Sat 8 Oct : Beach breakfast run:
- 06h00 start
- 12 km
- Venue to be confirmed
- Those who want to run longer, can arrange to start earlier
- Social “uniform” – red shorts and white shirts
- Sat 29 Oct : Club 10 km run – last leg of 10 x 10 km Challenge:
- Halloween theme
- Social run, not recording of times
- More details to follow
- Wed 2 Nov : Monthly braai
- Sat 19 Nov : Year end function and prize-giving – details to follow….
- Wed 6 Dec : Final braai for 2016
- Club runs. Shorter options always available – there may be changes closer to the time :
- There will always also be a 10 – 12 option as well.
- Those who want to run a bit longer, can arrange to meet a bit earlier and do a few km before the club run
- South Coast Marathon in October, training program issued– note:
- There will always be shorter options as well;
- No need to do all the long runs, but the option is there, to select the ones you want to do;
- Keep races in mind, and do back to back runs.
- Saturday 10 Sept :club run – 05h30 – 25 km
- Saturday 17 Sept : club run – 05h30 – 25 km
- Saturday 24 Sept : club run – 05h30 – 30 km
- Saturday 1 Oct : club run – 05h30 – 35 km
- Saturday 8 Oct : club run – 05h30 – 20 km – beach breakfast run – marathon runners, we will arrange for you to start a bit earlier to get the distance
- 2016 race dates – also look at www.eventtiming.co.za – also take note most pre-entry races have strict closing dates for entries:
- Sun 11 Sept : SAPS Striders10 & 21 km; Hoy park; 06h30 –next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge – view race flyer, enter at “Topevents”
- Sun 18 Sept : Spar Chesterville 10 km; 07h00
- Sun 25 Sept : Ethekwini Township to township 21 & 42 km; 05h30
- Sun 25 Sept : Rhino Run, Sugar Rush, Ballito; 5 km & 12 km; 08h00 – http://therhinorun.com/wp/ ; http://freespiritadventures.org/event-registration/?ee=62
- Sat 1 Oct: Ladysmith 21 km night race; 17h00
- Sun 2 Oct : Duke of York 16 km; Bishopstowe; 06h30
- Sun 2 Oct : Uthungulu 10 & 42 km; Richards bay; 06h00
- Sun 2 Oct : Newlands 10, 21 & 42 km ; 05h00 – next leg of our 10 x 10 km Challenge – Kingspark – view race flyer – enter at “Eventtiming”
- Sun 9 Oct : Swift 10, 21 & 42 km; Campsdrift, Pmb, 06h00
- Sun 16 Oct : Muden 10 & 25 km, Greytown, 06h30
- Sun 16 Oct : Goss & Baife South Coast 21 & 42 km; train leaves Amanzimtoti at 05h00, for 06h00 start
- Sun 23 Oct :Mtubatuba 10 km, 07h00
- Sun 30 Oct : KZN 10 KM Challenge; Kingspark, 07h00
- Sun 6 Nov :Orion 10 & 21 km, Pmb, 05h00
- Sun 6 Nov :Checkout Challenge 10 & 21 km, Kingspark, 06h30
- Sun 13 Nov : Bluff Vets 15 km walk, 21 & 42 km run, 05h30 & 06h00
- Sun 13 Nov :Edendale 10 km, 07h00
- Sun 20 Nov : Queensbourgh Minehaft 15 km, 06h00
- Sat 26 Nov : Sani Stagger 21 & 42 km
- Sat 27 Nov :Hope Challenge 10 & 21 km, Curries Fountain, 06h00
- Sun 4 Dev : BMG Stainbank 15 km, Yellowwood park, 06h00
- Sun 11 Dec : Illovo Sugar 15 km Christmas Challenge, Westville, 06h00 – we wear Christmas hats and run in a group, social event
- Thur 15 Dec :Mandela Challenge 5 & 10 km, Blue lagoon, 18h15
- Sun 18 Dec : Big Hill 10 & 21 km, Ballito, 06h00
- Mail received:
Entries for the KPMG Relay 2016 are open
KPMG invites you to join us for the 2016 KPMG Relay that will take place at the Growthpoint Kings Park Stadium in Durban on 24 September 2016.
The relay sees running teams of four or walking teams of three take on the 5km flat course along the Umgeni River and the Durban Promenade. Open to business professionals, sport clubs, schools, friends and family, the relay is a great way to boost morale, ignite team spirit, improve fitness, promote teamwork, network, or just to have fun.
Enjoy a festive atmosphere before, during and after the relay.
- Delicious food
- Beer garden
- Supervised kids’ play area
- 1km kids obstacle course with prizes
- An entertaining talk by Two Oceans and Comrades champion, Caroline Wöstmann
For more information, please visit www.championchip.co.za or contact race organiser, Barry Holland on 083 252 0691 / 083 399 2472, or Hawa Mirza from KPMG’s Marketing Department on 076 062 4067.
We are looking forward to seeing your teams participate in the KPMG Relay 2016.
The KPMG Relay Team