Those who have bought track suites from Dave Flood (Sportzone), and want it embroided with club name, please bring to Emile (R35 each).
In races where we get issued with a race number, this number must be worn in such a way that the ASA Sponsor and the year, can be seen – the actual 2017 number itself may be covered, if not, the race referees will be out there and looking to disqualify runners / walkers!
1. We now have a new email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), please send all running related mails to this address.
2. Registration for 2017 is open (separate mail sent) – for any more information, contact Emile. Please note we prefer eft, not cash. In short:
a. Pay the money- eft or cash
b. Fill in the ASA form
c. Register on Riverside Sports website – it is ready for us (Running & Walking) – any problems, contact Bridgette email@example.com
3. 2017 license numbers are ready, but 2016 numbers can be used till the end of January,
a. Registration times:
Tues 24 Jan : 16h30 – 17h30
Wed 25 Jan : 16h30 – 17h30
Thur 26 Jan: 16h30 – 17h30
Sat 28 Jan : 07h00 – 11h00
b. We will try to re-allocate everybody the same numbers as in 2016, but some of the odd numbers we bought during the year, have been replaced with other numbers, as issued to us by KZNA.
c. If, for some reason, you are not signing up again, please inform us, as we need to allocate numbers to the many new members.
4. We run / walk Tues, Wed, Thur 17h30 (run / walkers leave 17h20).
5. Dates to remember:
- Every Friday, 05h15, Red Sock Friday 3,5 , 8 km run / walk, Durban Country Club beach ;https://www.facebook.com/groups/iwearredsocksonfridaysDurban/
- Fri 27 Jan : CPF 5 &10 km, 18h00, Crusaders club
- Tues 31 Jan : COC (Comrades Oceans Clinic, after club run, bring your questions and share your experience!
- Wed 1 Feb : first braai for 2017
- Wed 15 Feb : Valentines time trial (red shorts, white shirts, no watches, run in teams of 2, predict your times!)
- Wed 22 Feb : AGM – details to follow…..
- Wed 1 March : Monthly braai
- Fri 10 – Sun 12 March, camp at Midmar Dam for Umgeni water 15, 32, 42 km – names and queries to Emile. Non-campers, get in early and book chalets at 033 – 8451000.
- Wed 5 Apr: monthly braai
- Wed 12 Apr : Easter time trial
6. Club runs :
a. These will build up towards Two Oceans and Comrades, to be finalised;
b. There will always be shorter (10 – 15 km) options as well;
c. Equally, those who want to run longer, can arrange to start a bit earlier and do a few km’s before club run;
d. Use Saturday club runs in conjunction with Sunday races, to get good back to back training!
- Sat 28 Jan : 05h30 – 15 km – top this up with PDAC 25 km the next day
- Sat 4 Feb : 05h30 – 15 km – top this up with Sydenham 16 / 32 km the next day
- Sat 11 Feb : 05h30 – 15 km – top up with Hillcrest 21 km the next day
- Sat 18 Feb : 05h30 – 15 km
7. 2017 races (full details in Fixtures list and Eventtiming website) – check which races are strict pre-entry!:
- Sun 29 Jan : PDAC 25 km
- Club tent will be up
- Sun 5 Feb : Sydenham 16 / 32 km:
- Club tent will be up
- Sun 12 Feb : NOSA Hillcrest 21, 42 km
- Sun 19 Feb : Zabalaza 21 km
- Sun 26 Feb : Pmb Witness 10, 21, 42 km
- Sat 4 March : Battlefields 10, 21, 42 km – Newcastle
- Sun 12 March : Umgeni Water 15, 32, 42 km – Midmar dam
- Join us and camp!
- Sun 12 March : Peace in Africa 10, 21 km – Kingspark
- Sun 19 March : Stella 10 / 25 km;
- 2nd leg of the 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 26 March : Verulam Gaterite 10 / 21 / 42 km
- Sun 26 March : Tronox 10 / 21 / 42 km – Empangeni
- Sat 1 April : Bergville 21 / 52 km
- Sun 2 Apr : Checkout 10 / 21 , Kingspark
- Sun 9 Apr : Durban City 10 / 21 / 42 km
- 3rd leg of 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 16 Apr : Dick King 15 km walk / 21 km run
- Sat 22 Apr : Mondi 10 / 21 km – Richards bay
- Sun 23 Apr : Chatsworth 10 / 25 / 52 km
- Sun 30 Apr : Filedshill 10 km, Lahee Park, Pinetown
- Mon 1 May : Hibiscus 10 / 25 / 50 km
- Sun 7 May : Deloittes 10 / 21 / 42 km:
- Online entries: https://secure.onreg.com/onreg2/front/step1.php?id=3572
- Sun 14 May : Woodview Starling Plumbers 10 / 21 km
- 4th leg of the 10 x 10 km Challenge
- Sun 4 June : Comrades
- Sun 11 June : Ladies Spar 5 / 10 km
8. Mail received:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
We will be kick starting the 2017 SERIES OF THE DURBAN NORTH & UMHLANGA CPF NITE RUN/WALK on FRIDAY 27 JANUARY 2017.
To try and spice the event up a bit we will be trying a few NEW things this year including the following:
· Variation of the route!!
· Starting a little earlier at 18h00 – this will allow for more socializing!!
· We will also be including a grand prize at the end of the year!! To encourage a more regular participation, all entrants that enter and complete 3 of the 4 events in the Series will go into a LUCKY DRAW at the end of the year to win a FABULOUS PRIZE!!
· We are hoping to introduce timing this year!! More info to follow
· Encourage more food stalls and social vibe!!
So with this in mind and after a bit of indulgence over the Festive Season – we suggest you grab your mates and PRE-ENTER NOW online via www.roag.co.za or at Sports Zone Running Shop in Durban North.
We are once again appealing for sponsors to jump on board and for only R3750 per quarter you can also be part of this great community event!! If you are interested and for further info give us a call and we will explain.
See you on the 27th!!