2019 MEMBERSHIP – RIVERSIDE SPORTS
As soon as 2019 is underway returning and new prospective members should please note that subscriptions are due in January /February and all registrations old and new should be made here on the Club website by accessing the Membership section where the procedures for registration is clearly outlined for you. All the Riverside Sports Membership subscriptions in the various categories for 2019 are outlined on this web site.
Each individual section will also levy an extra charge for services they may decide to render (e.g. kit purchase etc.). It is essential to register on line so that our external IT agents can ensure that all memberships are collated efficiently for approval by the Club.
PLEASE NOTE THAT returning members must also complete the on-line application as they did last year BUT UPON RETURNING THEY ONLY NEED TO re affirm the sports section of their choice HOWEVER if their personal contact information has changed they will have to upload all the new information so that the indemnities and our ability to contact them are up to date. In doing so we can then support each member – new and old – and assist in offering a number of new innovations namely:
- Making available to them a 2019 Entry Parking disk for free entry to the property.
- Making available to them a Riverside Sports Membership card that can be used to access brinks discounts at the Club Bar and ensure your car safety by showing it to the security staff upon EXIT from the property. NOTE THE ILLICIT USE OF OR CODES ON CELL PHONES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR BAR PURCHASES AS IT UNDERMINES THE PAID UP MEMBERS BENEFITS AND FAILS TO SUPPORT GOOD MEMBER PRACTICE, THEREFORE ONLY THE AUTHORISED CLUB MEMBERSHIP CARD WILL BE ACCEPTED IF A DISCOUNT IS TO BE GIVEN and any attempt to use a cell phone clone will be treated as a Disciplinary infraction.
- The Card will carry all your details imbedded in the chip so that we can via the Electronic Point of Sale equipment track members preferences, offer specials and also ensure that when shown on Exit we are confident that the car is under the control of the member who owns it.
- Enable us to credit members accounts where necessary via various competitions.
- Afford an extra special members discount at Happy Hours held in the evenings.
THERE IS NO UP FRONT, OR ANNUAL CHARGE FOR THIS PERSONALISED MEMBERSHIP/CLUB DISCOUNT CARD.
PLEASE KEEP THE SAME CARD ‘YEAR ON YEAR’ AS IT DOES NOT EXPIRE UNTIL YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT DOES – AT WHICH TIME IT WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE ENTRY & FACILITIES ACCESS SYSTEM.
LOST CARDS WILL REQUIRE A REPLACEMENT FEE TO BE PAID BY THE MEMBER CONCERNED at a cost in 2019 of R60..
Members will also be able to continue – (as has been the case for a number of years now) – via the on-line registration, to advise the Club on their instruction regarding the dissemination of their private information by approving a declaration that will ensure that all their personal information and contact details are kept securely at the Club and not distributed to any 3rd party – and so used for Club administrative purposes ONLY – OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU.
PARKING ENTRY EARLY 2019
Parking Entry for 2018 members ONLY will be allowed WITHOUT CHARGE by using the old 2018 Parking disk until Saturday 31st March 2019 (or as arranged individually with section Chairpersons re their specific registration planning) after which the 2018 disc will be invalid for any form of access.
This decision has been taken due to the fact that we will already have hundreds of 2019 members and it is therefore patently unfair to allow others to drag their membership registration out when so many members are abiding by the rules and working hard to effect a good membership regime – nevertheless we fully understand sections that only begin registration in approximately March and so will work with them as we do every year – but once practice facilities are being used – membership registration should begin, as the Club is then expending large amounts on facilities maintenance.
Please also note that in 2019 it is essential that ALL MEMBERS DEPARTING the Club Property SHOW THEIR PERSONAL MEMBERSHIP CARD TO THE GATE SECURITY STAFF as the 2019 Entry windscreen parking disc will not allow exit BUT rather EXIT WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED UPON PROOF (VIA POSSESSION OF THE MEMBERSHIP CARD) THAT THE PERSON DRIVING IS A MEMBER IN HIS/HER OWN VEHICLE. This procedure is vital to members car safety while on site.
FACILITIES USAGE OUT OF DESIGNATED SECTION PRACTICE TIMES.
Please note that ad hock use of the sports facilities by members is allowed BUT ONLY by prior arrangement or a signing in process at the Club office is followed and will only be allowed based on availability due to Maintenance and preparation duties at a given time.
The Club facilities – namely:
- All the Sports fields
- Changing rooms
- First Aid Rooms
- Hockey Astroturf’s
- New Cricket facilities and Nets
- Function rooms
- Equipment huts
Are NOT AVAILABLE to the general public AT ANY TIME i.e. whether they are parents or friends of members or parents of children & children whose schools use the site – as all usage is governed by pre-arranged booking times and the rights of members over casual visitors.
For the avoidance of any doubt members wishing access to ANY OF OUR FACILITIES outside pre-booked sports section arranged match and practice times must sign in at the Administration office so that we know they are on site and can therefore be assisted.